Friday 6 July 2012

How to: Style a skirt


I’ve had a very committed relationship with skirts for the past two summers and I have found my three favourite ways to style them! I will be showing you the three looks with my favourite skirt of all times.



The first look is a plain v neck t-shirt tucked into the skirt. When choosing the t-shirt to wear with the skirt make sure the two colors don’t clash or that they aren’t too matchy-matchy. I paired this blue toned skirt with a dark grey top but I would usually go for a lighter grey v-neck (I just couldn’t find mine anywhere, woops). Accessories are a must when you are going to wear something on the simple side but you still want to look put-together. I am accessorising with a feather necklace with a red center to add a bit of color as well as two neutral bracelets, some sunglasses (make sure to always protect your eyes!), and white earrings. I would usually wear this with some black flats or sandals.



The second and third looks are using all the same accessories and just changing the top, you can do this to change the look from day to night without having to carry a lot of pieces around with you. The second look is using a white tank top tucked into the skirt. I think that this is the most elegant look from the three and you can get away with wearing to more formal occasions. You can also pair this with some black heals and be ready to go! The third look is the most casual of the three and by far the most edgy. I am using this t-shirt that I got at New York and that I cut off the neckline and the bottom to make it a crop top. You could remove some of the jewelry for this look and could easily pair it with some white converse for the more comfortable and rocker look.  Hope this helped! If I didn’t mention from where they are from it is because I have no clue where I got it J

(I bought all this items with my own money or where given as a gift to me by family members, this is completely my honest personal opinion, I am not being paid to mention these items) 

No comments:

Post a Comment